Become a Member:
Thank you for your interest in the American Bio-Recovery Association (ABRA).
We are a not-for profit International organization dedicated to promoting ethics and education in the field of biorecovery / trauma site management. At this time, we are accepting applications. Certain eligibility requirements must be met in order to be considered for membership.
We are an open association and membership is available to anyone who can meet the professional minimum standards set by this organization. Being an ABRA member is the standard by which a certain level of professionalism is benchmarked.
ABRA Currently Offers 3 Membership Types
There are different definitions and requirements for each membership level. For questions about membership types, please contact us.
Eligible companies must have and provide as part of their Active Membership application:
1. A copy of their up-to-date Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Plan.
2. Evidence of Bloodborne Pathogen training.
3. A copy of their Respiratory Protection Plan.
4. A copy of their Hazard Communication Plan.
5. A copy of Certificate of Insurance (proof of Insurance) meeting the requirements specified in attachment # 1 to the application.
6. Proof of existence as a legal business (i.e. occupational, city or county license or state corporation registration, tax number registration).
7. Provide contract or letter of agreement with a medical waste transporter or disposal facility.
8. Proof of at least six months experience performing biorecovery.
9. As a requirement to a paid active membership with ABRA, the company shall have at least 1 ABRA certified technician on staff at all times. If the company does not have an ABRA certified technician, it shall obtain at least 1 ABRA certified technician within 6 months of acceptance and is required to maintain at least 1 ABRA certified technician on staff. To maintain membership a member company must maintain at least 1 ABRA certified technician at all times.
ABRA maintains a toll free telephone number to help those in need of the services of a biorecovery company. All active members are listed with this service. The 24-hour dispatcher will provide a referral to the companies listed on the webiste.
Thank you for your interest in ABRA. We look forward to your membership in our Association.
Download the necessary forms below:
Active Membership Application & Active Membership Insurance Requirements
Code of Ethics
American Bio Recovery Association . 300 New Jersey Avenue NW Suite 900 PMB #9031 . Washington, DC 20001